It’s hard to believe that only a week ago we were going on with our daily lives as usual and this week so many of us have been faced with some of the biggest challenges of our lives: staying healthy, staying home, staying sane, keeping our families safe, worrying about our parents and grandparents, juggling work with kids at home, business closures, financial strains. COVID-19 has definitely thrown a wrench in all of our lives and that’s putting it mildly.
We just want to let everyone out there know that whether you are self-isolating or staying at home you are not alone. We are all in the same boat and in this together. We just want everyone to stay safe and stay healthy, and just breathe, because things will get better and they will (eventually!) go back to normal. You can do this! We can do this!
Anyway, it feels sort of weird to talk about something like body contouring with CoolSculpting at a time like this, but we figured that maybe some of you might to take a little break with something else to read about than “you know what”—at least for a moment. In the coming weeks we promise to bring you lots of fun and interesting content to get you through these unprecedented and challenging times. We hope that our blogs will be a welcome distraction for you.
So here we go.
Ok, so you know when you put on tights— and tights are the worst, but sometimes they are a necessary evil— and they are so tight around your waist they produce that dreaded muffin top? And you’re like “great, there goes wearing that super fitted, sexy dress,” which since we’re talking about body contouring here, is appropriately named the “bodycon” dress. And then your next thought is: “I guess I better put on those Spanx,” which honestly, we’ve been there, and let us just say that at the end of the day, they’re about the unsexiest thing ever invented.
The super frustrating thing is that you can be in the best shape of your life and have the best exercise and diet regime and still have to suck in your stomach in order to wear that really great top or those hot skinny jeans.
The fact of the matter is, or rather the science of the matter is that whether or not you lose weight fat sticks around. This sounds really discouraging, but basically the way that fat cells work is that they expand if you gain weight and they contract if you lose weight, but you can’t make them disappear forever. In other words, the number of fat cells that you have stays the same whether you gain or loose weight; they just get larger or smaller.
This makes body contouring super difficult via “natural” channels like by doing loads of squats and sit-ups, especially when it comes to those tricky areas like the inner thighs or lower abdomen, which are almost impossible to tone. Don’t get us wrong, squats and sit-ups definitely work and help, but sometimes they are not enough to rid you of those pesky love handles. And sometimes you have fat in places you want to keep it (we’re talking butts here) but when you exercise, your fat shrinks everywhere, not in the targeted places you’d like.
Up until recently, the only way we could eliminate fat and get that really attractive sculpted look was through surgical procedures like liposuction and the tummy tuck, which let’s face it can be super expensive not to mention very invasive and just isn’t for everyone. But with the advent of CoolSculpting we have been gifted a way to permanently eliminate fat cells without the need to go under the knife, so to speak.
So here are a few of our favourite things when it comes to body contouring with CoolSculpting:
- The science. CoolSculpting literally freezes your fat cells, and by freezing them it destroys them FOREVER. Who knew that fat cells actually really hate the cold? They hate a very specific temperature actually, -7, but the cells that surround fat cells are just fine with this temperature. So while CoolSculpting will eliminate your fat cells it won’t destroy or damage good stuff like your skin, or collagen, or your nerves (super important!).
- It actually works! You need to give it some time, anywhere from 1-4 months to allow your body to naturally rid itself of those destroyed fat cells, but there is no doubt that CoolSculpting delivers. Do you have saddle bags, love handles, a muffin top? CoolSculpting loves to tone these problem areas. You need to be in good shape already and just have minimal pockets of fat to deal with, but you can be certain that after your CoolSculpting treatment approximately 20% of fat in the targeted area will be eliminated for good leaving you with those nicely toned inner thighs.
- There’s no downtime. You know how you can schedule your Botox treatment during your lunch hour? Well you can almost do that with CoolSculpting. Depending on how many areas you want to treat the procedure takes anywhere from 35-75 minutes, which is unthinkable for a body contouring procedure. But it’s true! And sometimes you need to treat the same area more than once to get the look that you want, which is totally common, so the no downtime factor is super convenient. You just come in for your treatment and move on with your day.
- It doesn’t hurt. You might feel some tugging and pinching from the applicator kind of like having a vacuum on your skin, but within about ten minutes everything goes numb so you don’t feel a thing. So it’s really just sitting and relaxing for an hour, while you sculpt your body without breaking a sweat. CoolSculpting is revolutionary if you really think about it.
- Getting it done at MD Beauty Clinic. Not only will we treat you like royalty when you come in for your treatment, but we are one of the few clinics that have something called a dual-sculpting capability, which basically means that if you want to treat two separate areas at the same time, we can do that for you. Most importantly though our CoolSculpting provider, Linda, is one of the best CoolSculpters around. She knows exactly where and how to place the applicator so you can rest assured you won’t have a dreaded “shark bite” at the end of your session. Yup, that’s a thing. CoolSculpting is really a breakthrough treatment, but it’s only effective if your provider has a lot of training and experience and knows exactly what they’re doing. You want your body to be toned not injured and thanks to Linda’s years of experience and education at CoolSculpting University, at MD Beauty Clinic you can are guaranteed to be in the best CoolSculpting hands.